Sunday 31 March 2013

Introduction


Kia ora, my name is Deb Beatson and I am a midwife. Welcome to my blog for the Flexible Learning course, which is part of the Graduate Certificate in Teaching & Learning offered by Otago Polytechnic.

About Me

I have practiced as a midwife for the past 13 years, working both in the hospital and in the community, and for the past 3 years I have been involved in midwifery education. Currently I have a small LMC caseload in Whanganui and also work for Otago Polytechnic as a Student Practice Facilitator (SPF)/Lecturer in the School of Midwifery. I am based in Whanganui where we have a satellite group comprising of 6 first year students, 1 second year, and 2 third year students. I am the Course Coordinator for the Hauora Maori, and Rural Midwifery Practice courses and I am involved in several other courses (mainly clinical courses) throughout all three years of the degree.
The Bachelor of Midwifery is a Blended Learning programme incorporating on-line learning, face to face local tutorials, block face to face 'Intensives' and synchronous online tutorials.
I love my job, and enjoy working with women, sharing the passion for our amazing midwifery profession.

2 comments:

  1. This is a great picture of your teaching philosophy. It would be great to see your introduction on here, and what you hope to learn in the Flexible Learning course.

    ReplyDelete